GCS regularly enters into Service Level Agreements with other organisations to provide a range of professional services relating to emotional wellbeing including short-term counselling, clinical supervision for counsellors, reflective supervision for staff groups as well as training to improve mental health awareness, listening skills and wellbeing-related training. Please contact us to discuss your specific needs.
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) – https://www.bacp.co.uk
- Samaritans – https://www.samaritans.org
- The British Psychoanalytic Council (BPC) – https://www.bpc.org.uk
- NHS Let’s Talk – https://www.talk2gether.nhs.uk
- Turning Point – http://www.turning-point.co.uk
- P3 – https://www.p3charity.org/
- Shaw Trust – https://www.shaw-trust.org.uk
- Stroud District Council – Homeless – https://www.stroud.gov.uk/housing/homelessness
- Gloucestershire Healthy Living and Learning – https://www.ghll.org.uk/partnership-projects
- Glos Families Directory – https://www.glosfamiliesdirectory.org.uk/kb5/gloucs/glosfamilies/home.page
- On Your Mind – https://www.onyourmindglos.nhs.uk/
- Gloucestershire Action for Refugees and Asylum Seekers – http://www.garas.org.uk/Services.aspx
- Mind – https://www.mind.org.uk
- Your Circle – Gloucestershire – https://yourcircle.org.uk/
Referral/Collaboration with other appropriate agencies
GCS have strong links with other charity and voluntary sector organisations and has a mutual signposting or direct referral partnership where another service is more appropriate or where joint working is required such as:
- HOPE Support Services (for young people coping with a family member with a life threatening illness).
- Infobuzz (Schools exclusion, Young Offenders, Transitions to adult mental health).
- GDASS (Gloucestershire domestic Abuse Support Service)
- GRASAC (Gloucestershire Rape and Sexual Abuse Centre)
- RETHINK (Self-Harm Helpline)
- Winston’s Wish (Bereavement Support)
- Young Carers Gloucestershire
- Carers Gloucestershire
- AGE UK Glos
- GAY GLOS (LGBT)
- Family Lives (for parenting support)
- Young Gloucestershire (Young parents and NEET education and support)
- CGL (Addictions)
- SOBS (Survivors of Bereavement by Suicide)
- Independence Trust (Mental Health Support Groups)
Specialist Statutory Services
- NHS 2gether Trust Children and young People Service
- Gloucestershire Hospital Education Service
- Eating Disorder Service – Brownhill Centre
- The clients GP in the first instance
- NHS Crisis Resolution and Home Treatment Teams
- NHS 2gether Adult Mental Health Services
- Gloucestershire Recovery in Psychosis (GRIP) Team
- SARC (Sexual Assault referral Centre)
Mental Health Helplines
Charity providing support if you’ve been diagnosed with an anxiety condition.
Phone: 03444 775 774
A charity helping people living with manic depression or bipolar disorder.
CALM is the Campaign against Living Miserably, for men aged 15 to 35.
Phone: 0800 58 58 58
Men’s Health Forum
24/7 stress support for men by text, chat and email.
Mental Health Foundation
Provides information and support for anyone with mental health problems or learning disabilities.
Voluntary charity offering support for sufferers of panic attacks and obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD). Offers a course to help overcome your phobia/OCD. Includes a helpline.
Phone: 0844 967 4848 Website: www.nopanic.org.uk
Support for people with OCD. Includes information on treatment and online resources.
Phone: 0845 390 6232
A charity run by people with OCD, for people with OCD. Includes facts, news and treatments.
Phone: 0845 120 3778
Young suicide prevention society.
Phone: HOPElineUK 0800 068
Rethink Mental Illness
Support and advice for people living with mental illness.
Phone: 0300 5000 927
Emotional support, information and guidance for people affected by mental illness, their families and carers.
SANEline: 0300 304 7000
Textcare: comfort and care via text message, sent when the person needs it most: http://www.sane.org.uk/textcare
Peer support forum: www.sane.org.uk/supportforum
Information on child and adolescent mental health. Services for parents and professionals.
Phone: Parents’ helpline 0808 802 5544
Children’s charity dedicated to ending child abuse and child cruelty.
Phone: 0800 1111 for Childline for children
0808 800 5000 for adults concerned about a child (24-hour helpline)
Advice on dealing with domestic violence.
Phone: 0808 2000 247
Phone: 0845 769 7555
National Gambling Helpline
Phone 0808 2020 133 (Daily 8am-Midnight)
Phone: 0300 999 1212
Provides information on dementia, including factsheets and helplines.
Phone: 0300 222 1122
Cruse Bereavement Care
Phone: 0844 477 9400
To find your local services phone: 0808 802 9999
Phone: 0808 168 9111
Phone: 0808 801 0677 (adults) or 0808 801 0711 (for under-18s)
Charity working with people with a learning disability, their families and carers.
Phone: 0808 808 1111
Advice on all aspects of parenting including dealing with bullying.
Phone: 0808 800 2222
The UK’s largest provider of relationship support.